I received this pattern (Charco Pattern/Honey Bee Hive) as a teachers' workshop pattern. I started it in some dark colors and never got too far. I had a piano bench and decided, well after I had the piece almost done, that it would be used to cover the bench. Consequently I added to the width and cut it off to fit the bench. When fitting the pattern to the piece you are covering, you must have the piece ready with all of its padding and form. Jay did this for me. I had to unhook parts of it to make the pattern fit the corners. The background was dyed with a little bit of all the colors in the piece. The colors I used were from my stash so the only wool I dyed was for the background. I like how the background came out. I just need to refinish the bench before I screw it on.